CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 23, 2009

Sounds like life to me ~

I realize this is going to be a very "poor me" post but I want my girls to read this someday when life is hard for them and know that I had days when I felt I could not do it all, I'll never measure up and I'm not perfect.....

I have had a very emotional and trying week and it’s finally Friday.... yet its nowhere near over! I have had one of the worst weeks at work since I can remember; my sweet Haylie did not make the cheer squad today and all her friends did. She is completely devastated and I can't do anything but hurt with her. I get to speak at a baptism at 10 am tomorrow morning and have my primary program practice at 10:30 am, followed by a pizza party for the primary kids (that they all totally deserve by the way), finally put on the primary program on Sunday, then put the finishing touches on our Halloween carnival (that the primary is for some reason in charge of next week). My visiting teaching is not done....and it's not looking like it will be, I have a few loved ones & friends on my mind that my heart ache for and can't seem to find 5 minutes to write them a note to tell them I love them and I’m thinking about them.... Life is life. It's overwhelming and hard at times, but at the end of the day and with the last tear that falls I'm truly blessed and grateful for the life I have. For the beautiful girls I get to love & raise, for my amazing step son serving our Heavenly Father on a mission, for the sweetest husband that puts up with my crazy life and loves each piece of me, the good, the bad and the ugly. I have the best family a girl could ask for with supporting parents, brothers and sisters that I admire and adore more then I tell them. I hope I can try to always remember all of this while I’m busy living life :)

8 comments:

Brennon and Lindsey said...

Seriously, life is so crazy! Just when I think I can't handle anymore it gets harder but then by some miracle it gets better again. I love you girl! Your so honest and heartfelt. It's refreshing. You are an amazing person, sacrficing so much of yourself. You are a great example to me.

Carlye Momma said...

Oh my sweet Mindie. I wish I was there so I could squish you and your whole family. You are such an incredible mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister (which I feel like you're more of a sister than a cousin to me) and I'm SURE you're a fantastic Primary President! When our children go through trials that we can't control for them, it is the most helpless feeling in the whole world! All you CAN do for her is exactly what you're doing. I'm sorry you're having an overwhelming day. Sometimes it feels like there is literally not enough hours in the day to do all of the things we want to do. Mindie everyone knows just how much you love them...I'm sure those you are speaking of feel your love without you even having to say a word. You are one incredible person who is loved by everyone who comes in contact with you, you're like my dad (and your parentals) everyone can feel your spirit and see the love you have for them pouring out your eyeballs (yes...I'm quite a poetic writer). Don't stress about things you can't control. Do what you can the best you can and that is all He asks of you. K this has turned into a novel...and I'm sure you get the pic...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOU and admire you so much. You are such a strong, beautiful, sweet woman who I am PROUD...SO SO PROUD to call my family! I love you Mindie!!! May the good LOOOOORD bless ya! ;-)

The Papa's said...

Can I get an AMEN to all of that!!! Very well written. I think most of us...well, at least me go through these same exact feelings!!! Hope things get better & "life" settles down after all your "duties"!!! It was SO good to see you & fun to catch up. Even if we did offend the ladies @ the quilt shop!!! <3 ya'!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I were closer so I could come cheer you up and to let you know how AWESOME you are and how much you mean to me...I miss you tons.....remember you DO have a great life and A LOT of people who love you! Your the best, never FORGET that!~

Andrea said...

hey! you got at least one person done on your visiting teaching list remember? It was such a great lesson! If only they could all be that much fun.
You're such a hoot, I love to pieces :-)

Jeaniece said...

Reading your blog gave ne the chills. I think with all the many hats we wear it does get overwhelming. Yesterday we combined Sumbeams and I got to go to relief society and the lesson talked about feeling overwhelmed by things, and I cried the whole time. I know I haven't talked to you in forever, but you are such an inspiration to me. I am glad the primary program went good. Sorry about your daughter's pain. Hope this week isn't so overwhelming. :)

Tyler and Kacie said...

I love you more than you know...

RC said...

This may not be the time or place for your exbishop to commment but you know you are one special woman who the LORD called to that position. You are a wonderful Primary president and continue to amaze me with your abilities and also the kindness and love you show to each of those children. They are the ones blessed by your service.
As a mom and wife I can only attest to what I see and know. I have seen you grow as a person since you have been here. I have camped with your familly for three "wonderful, fun packed days" treking along with the handcarts. I have seen you smile your way through whatever life and others throw at you. You have always come up smiling.
Since I have known you you always seem to be so upbeat and ready to tackle anything. We have worked together in the ward, on service projects and even played softball togher and you always have answered the call and gone forth.
I love your infectious laugh, your loving smile, those great hugs that have helped carry me through some hard times When I should have been helping you.
Remember the Lord will NEVER give you more than you can handle (even if it seems like He is pushing your limits). My thoughts and prayers are with you always.