This Christmas season has been a slightly challenging one for me. I typically love this time a year and all the fabulous things that come with it. Unfortunately with work being as unrewarding as it’s been the past several months, I have really been an “angry elf”. My poor husband gets the brunt of it most days (the joys of working together He He He) the sad thing is that I have tried harder than I thought possible to have a great attitude and make myself have the spirit of Christmas. I joined not one, but two stinking Christmas choirs so I could sing all the wonderful Christmas music and feel so peaceful. Well, while it was nice and all, sadly it did not spark the Christmas light inside me. So I tried Christmas shopping, I usually love being out in the crowed and getting things for my loved ones, well going back to the “angry elf” I could not stand anyone, I could not get out of stores fast enough, I was completely irritated by everyone! My life is always so rushed and I’m constantly feeling like I can hardly keep my head above water. I was unable to find time to send out Christmas cards this year. I was unable to get everyone that perfect gift that you just know they will absolutely love. I was unable to do a lot of things that I would normally do. To top it off, this is the first time in almost 5 years that I can honestly say I hate my job. It’s sad to me because I use to love my job, I get to help people all the time and it has always been very rewarding for me. Since I took on this project in Arizona and have had to get use to people not being as grateful as I’m use to and to daily deal with rude, hardened, thoughtless, downright not nice people, I have changed. I have hardened myself. So I had to turn elsewhere to fulfill this horrible void this season. I prayed with all my heart to find a way to be softened and to FEEL what I so desperately needed to feel. The feeling, that uses to come so natural to me.. …..All I had to do was ask... Then, the Lords tender mercies poured down on me, like they do so many times if I’m in the right spirit to receive them. I was given the opportunity to teach sharing time in primary on Sunday. It was on centering Christmas around the Savior. Finally, the light came through, once I stopped long enough to focus on my Savior, once I stopped and took a deep breath and looked into the faces of my daily tender mercies that I have been entrusted with here on this earth, I was completely and indisputably once again complete. My blessings have grown even more since then; I had the great pleasure of selecting a few families to help out this Christmas season and to be the one to deliver the news to them. It gave me the opportunity to find people on my property that would not only need but appreciate this. I had to truly look for the good in people and I have not really allowed myself to have a different opinion then the typical rude people I usually encounter. The immense joy that these people showed, the tears that fell down their faces, their speechlessness were priceless. The spirit of giving is alive and well. I know that my family and dear friends will forgive me of all that I was “unable” to do this year, they all know that I love them with every piece of me and while at times I I’m sure they get sick of my pity parties, I know that I am loved by every single one of them. Merry Christmas ~
Free Roblox Generator 2021
5 years ago





6 comments:
Yes you are very much loved! (you know especially by me) I'm so glad you found your way. I know when you get here we will have a great time and you can get your mind off things for a bit. You certainly have a full, full plate. I don't know how you do it Min but everything always turns out. I'm glad you know who to turn to. You are a good example to all. love you to the depths! mom
Mindie! I hope that your Christmas dreams come true! I think that this is kind of a "different" year for everyone! Merry Christmas!!
Mindie...do you know that I was feeling the EXACT feelings you were? I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. I wish we lived closer so I could squish your guts out. This was a very tender post. Thank you for sharing it. I LOVE YOU so much and I am SO glad you were able to have such sweet sweet experiences. It's ALWAYS when we are least expecting it...but when we have finally opened our hearts that we are able to feel his spirit surround us...like his arms are wrapped around us with a Gammy blankie even. Honey I miss you terribly and I just can't wait to see you again. Until then...know that our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Merry Christmas! How the heck are you? We seriously miss you so much. BTW, I had my baby last week. I am not sure if you are on my blog because it is private. Send me your email address- jaachris@hotmail.com, so that I can add you. I hope you know how much all of us love you! We wouldn't feel bad if you moved home! Sounds like someone needs a tickled pink party:)
You are awesome, mindie! I hope that you know that. Your testimony is so strong and inspiring. I am so thankful for you, and thankful that you are enduring being here so I can play with you. I'm sorry that you have had to see some of Bullheads finest- we're not all like that I promise. love you tons!
p.s. come back I miss you
I feel like I always learn the most when I have to teach it to others. I love that story. Your blog makes me cry a little. Just a little, two tears.
Post a Comment